Sunday, April 27, 2014

Stella Says .....

We are very excited to welcome Stella Chan Marinaro to the STARAfood family. Many of you already know Stella as she is one busy Tai Tai.  Between her popular spin classes, her career keeping all of us healthy at International SOS, or at a bar or restaurant she shares our philosophy of healthy eating and living.  She will be a contributor to our blog, classes and recipes - starting with our May 14 Spring Fling class.  A few places are still available so rsvp early to save your seat.  Read on to learn why we like her so much!
 

Hi Everyone,

I few months ago, I had the pleasure of meeting Stacey and Sara at a Champagne and Caviar Club luncheon. I had heard about their very popular cooking classes in Shunyi, and enjoyed discussing with them their approach to food, cooking, and living in Beijing. We soon realized that we have many similar passions -- good food, wine, and travel. We also share similar goals -- eating healthy, quality family time, the importance of surrounding ourselves with good friends, and always making time to have fun. I applaud what they are doing, and I am delighted to join STARAfood as an occasional contributor on nutrition related topics.

What do I do in Beijing?

I am a busy Nutritionist & Exercise Physiologist, Spinlates instructor (Spinning and Pilates), mother, wife, runner, health advocate, and volunteer. Achieving Balance is my vision, my dream, and my goal for everyone.

As the nutritionist at International SOS, I teach people how to make healthier choices, create customized meal plans for healthy weight loss, and provide people with balanced diets to prevent, reduce or reverse disease progression. I also work with preteens and teens promoting greater self-esteem, healthy body image, and the prevention and treatment of eating disorders, through workshops, seminars, individual, and group counseling.

As the nutritionist at Culinary Capers Beijing, my role is to ensure that well-balanced school lunch and snacks are provided to the students at the schools we serve, so that they receive the proper nutrients and energy required for optimal learning and good health. I am the editor of their newsletter, and promote healthy eating through articles, seminars, and nutrition lessons to students.

With a background in exercise physiology, I am also a sports nutritionist, working with athletes and exercise enthusiasts to help them properly fuel their bodies during training and endurance events. At the Human in Motion Fitness Center in Cathay View Plaza, Shunyi, I offer unique, challenging, and fun spin and Pilates classes for all fitness levels, provide personalized meal plans for those seeking to trim down and build more muscle, and give nutrition seminars to endurance runners training for the Great Wall Marathon.

On May 14, Stacey and Sara have invited me to their Spring Fling – Light and Healthy Everyday Meals cooking class. I am looking forward to the class, and to meeting some you there.

If you have any questions for me about what I do, please feel free to contact me.

Cheers,
Stella

Eat. Exercise. Enjoy!

Stella Chan Marinaro
M.S. B.Ed, B.Sc

Nutritionist & Exercise Physiologist

Email:
Stella.marinaro@internationalsos.com
stellachanmarinaro@culinarycapersbeijing.cn
stella@achievingbalance.asia

Mobile: 18601274767

MS (APN), Master of Science in Applied Physiology and Nutrition, Columbia University, New York City, U.S., 2012.
B.Ed, Bachelor of Education, Teacher Certification, Elementary Education, K-6,
Teachers College, York University, Toronto, Canada.
B.Sc, Bachelor of Science, Psychology, University of Toronto,
Toronto, Canada.


No comments:

Post a Comment